Coconut Pitaya Bowl Recipe Video
What is Pitaya?
Pitaya is dragon fruit. It is the fruit from the Cactaceae genus of cactus. Dragon fruit is packed with essential vitamins and minerals and is low in calories. It has a high amount of dietary fibers and a great taste.
How do antioxidants work for you?
The human body is under continuous pressure from oxidative stress. Free radicals are linked to aging and associated with human disease.
The body does not process enough antioxidants on it’s own. Antioxidants help neutralize free radicals to help prevent damage to cells and inflammation. Antioxidants can be found in fruits and vegetables with bright colors.
What antioxidants does dragon fruit have?
Dragon Fruit has strong levels of Vitamin C, Betalains, Carotenoids, . Carotenoids in dragon fruit include beta-carotene and lycopene which have been linked to a lower risk of heart disease.
Dragon fruit is high in fiber. Fiber from foods has more benefits than fiber from supplements. Fiber has been shown to help manage type 2 diabetes and in maintaining a healthy body weight.
Dragon fruit is a great source of prebiotic which can increase the formation of healthy bacteria in your intestines. With regular doses of prebiotics it can lead to a decreased risk of diarrhea and intestinal infection.
Dragon fruit is also high in vitamin C and carotenoids which can boost your immune system and protect your white blood cells from damage from free radicals.
The above information details the health benefits of the fruit specifically.
See the nutritional label for the nutritional facts of our products.
Coconut Pitaya Bowl
Prep Time: 5 min
Total Time: 5 minutes
Cuisine: Gluten-Free, American
Category: Breakfast, Snack
Servings: 1 bowl
Keywords: Breakfast bowl, smoothie bowl, coconut bowl, pitaya bowl
· 2/3 cup frozen strawberries (about 100g)
· 2/3 cup frozen raspberries (You can substitute with any fruit of your choice)
· ½ frozen banana
· 4 Tbsps of NewNew Foods Coconut Pitaya powder (about 30g)
· 1 Tbsp drinking water
1. In a blender, add the frozen strawberries, frozen raspberries, frozen banana, Coconut Pitaya powder, and drinking water.
2. Put the blender on puree and blend until smooth. The consistency should be thick and smooth. (You may need to stop and restart the blender to stir or add 1 additional Tbsp of drinking water.)
3. Pour the mixture into a bowl.
4. Add the toppings to the bowl. Add the strawberries (sliced), fresh kiwi (sliced) and granola. (You can add any of your favorite fruits or nuts as toppings.)
Serve and enjoy!
Note: For best results, don’t add too much water.
Order your Coconut Pitaya Today!