If you have had coconut shrimp, then you will love this recipe for coconut coffee breaded chicken with a delectable dipping sauce. The taste of the coffee comes through and mixes with all the other flavors so beautifully. It is a perfect match of sweet and rich flavors coming together.
Coconut Coffee Breaded Chicken
For this recipe you will need:
1lb. of chicken tenders
½ cup coconut flakes
½ cup bread or panko crumbs
4 Tbsp. of CAcafe Coconut Coffee
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
2) In one bowl you will crack the egg and whip it together using a fork (or use chopsticks if you prefer!).
3) In another bowl, combine the bread crumbs, coconut flakes and CAcafe coconut coffee. I used plain panko crumbs as opposed to Italian style since I did not think the Italian herbs would mix well with this dish.
4) At this point, you can add spices to the bread crumb mixture. I added about a teaspoon each of garlic powder and onion powder. You could add whatever you want, like cayenne or paprika for extra spice.
5) Take one chicken tender and dip it in the egg, making sure to coat the whole piece. 6) Take the chicken and coat it in the bread crumbs. Make sure you completely cover the chicken in the delicious breading.
7) Place all the chicken pieces on a baking sheet covered in foil. Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes. The outside will be dark brown from the Coconut Coffee and the coconut flakes will be crispy and golden.
Orange Coconut Tea dipping sauce
To make the dipping sauce you will need:
½ cup orange marmalade
¼ cup Honey
3 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
1 Small Thai Chili (or any tiny red chili you can find at your local store)
3 heaping spoonfuls of CAcafe Coconut Tea